At The Island Hotel we look after our planet, just like we look after our guests – withgreat care.
Along with our commitment to comply with environmental, public and occupational health and safety, hygiene and employment legislation, we strive to continually improve our environmental performance.
- Our clients – We will relentlessly strive to exceed our guests’ expectations by delivering exceptional service in a modern, clean and warm environment
- Our team – Our people are key to us. As such, we treat our people fairly and with respect while valuing their diversity. We are committed to creating a workplace that makes people want to join, stay and work to their full potential. Our people’s safety and well-being is our priority.
- Our environment – We will try to protect the environment by better understanding, measuring and reducing our environmental footprint, while balancing the growth of our operation.
- Our community – We recognize the environment, social and economic needs of the communities we work in and endeavor to be a good neighbor.
Steps taken toward the execution of The Island Hotel Sustainability Strategy include:
• Recycling paper, glass, plastic, batteries, fluorescent and long life bulbs, cans and cartridges.
• Reducing our usage of harmful cleaning chemicals and replacing these with eco-friendly products wherever possible.
• Encouraging our guests to explore the local attractions by public transport or on foot by providing information on walks and bus timetables at the Reception.
• Use of low energy light bulbs in public areas, use of automatic lighting systems and use of central solar water heating systems.
• Monitor our energy consumption of gas, electricity and water.
• Use of organic produce, seasonal vegetables and local produce.
• Use of local suppliers where possible and employment of local staff
• Get involved in local community projects.
• Providing a safe and healthy working environment that supports individual development, team-working, positive work–life balance, and job satisfaction
|Green Policy for our Guests
We would like to enlist the help of our guests in achieving our aims by asking them to:
• Take their key-card with them when leaving the room, which will reduce the use of electricity.
• Towel and linen policy. Our policy is to ensure that guests have a comfortable stay. Therefore sheets will be changed on every third day and towels will be changed, when they are left in the bathtub.
The Island Hotel is dedicated to balancing our commitment to our Green Policy without compromising on the comfort, standards and enjoyment of our guests.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in our efforts to help protect our planet!